Custom Search

September 4, 2011

Mary J Blige Speaks On New Acting Roles & Upcoming Album

(via Hip Hop Enquirer)

The Queen of Hip Hop & Soul, Mary J. Blige, recently stopped by the Angie Martinez Show to discuss her new upcoming album, My Life 2: The Journey Continues. In addition, Blige spoke about her starring role in the movie Rock of Ages. Blige describes her new role as a challenge saying, “You’re nervous a little bit because this is a new thing for you.”

The movie will also star names such as Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, and Julianne Hough. Along with the excitement of a new movie, Blige is preparing for the release of My Life 2: The Journey Continues. “We’re wrapping it up. We’ve been doing this album for a year now; and I did not want to stop based on the title of the album alone until I nailed (it) and got what I feel people wanted to hear from Mary J. Blige.” The album is slated for a November 2011 release. Listen to the full interview here.

No comments: